KAC committed to our state and staff during a pandemic
Kansas Action for Children
March 16, 2020
The country and state of Kansas are experiencing uncertain and difficult times right now. The spread of the new coronavirus has created new challenges, both practical and emotional, for our work. We are committed to the children and families of Kansas, and we are also committed to our team members who make this work possible. These are our pledges going forward:
- The physical and mental well-being of our team (and their loved ones) is a top priority.
- We will honor our commitments to partners and stakeholders by adapting to the evolving circumstances.
- Preventative measures will be taken seriously to contain and reduce risk to our team and communities.
- We will stay informed and share thoroughly verified, accurate information in order to fight misinformation and fear-mongering.
- We are committed to inclusively and equity, which means that we will lift up the needs of those marginalized Kansans who face disproportionate risk right now because of lack of child care, paid family leave, adequate medical care, or family supports.
What does this mean practically? As of Friday, our office in Topeka closed for the rest of March and our team members will mostly work from home. We will limit our exposure to the Kansas Statehouse, monitoring floor and committee action online. And we will end nonessential travel during the same span. We believe these temporary measures will allow us to continue to do our most important work, while emphasizing safety.
To stay up to date on the virus in Kansas, we recommend following the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s COVID-19 resource center at http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus/index.htm. If you have questions or concerns for the KAC team, please contact us at email@example.com. Together, we will continue our work to make Kansas the best state in the nation to raise – and be – a child.
(Portions of this message were adapted from guidance by Awaken — https://www.visionawaken.com/).< Back to the news list